My name is Tiea Vincent and I am the broker owner of Roundtable Property Management. Today, we're going to discuss the application process for one of our properties.
So you've seen one of our properties and you love it and now you want to apply.
- The first step is to go to our Web site at www.rtrpm.com.
- Click homes for rent
- Click the property that you'd like to apply for
- There is a $50 application fee per adult who will be living in the home. This does include adult children who may not be contributing to the income or retired parents who may not be contributing. Anyone over the age of 18 living in the home must apply.
- Criteria for applications:
- We are looking for a six hundred credit score or above.
- We are also looking for a combined income of at least three times the rent before taxes per month.
- We're also looking for someone who has no evictions in the last seven years and no outstanding utility debt or landlord debt.
- We will do rental references for up to the last two landlords.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive a text message and an email from us saying congratulations and asking you to create your online profile.
- Create an online log in so you can pay your security deposit slash hold fee. We say slash hold fee because prior to you moving in. It is a hold fee. It will take the home off the market and order the lease for you. Once you move in, it transitions into your security deposit. If you fail to take possession, your whole fee is forfeit. But once you move in, the security deposit is refundable at the time of the move out.
- After a couple of days, you will receive the lease in your inbox via docusign or you can come into our office and sign in person if you would like.
- Once you sign and you move in the day of move and you will be responsible for paying your first full month's rent upfront. This means that if you move in in the middle of the month, say the 15th, you're going to pay one month up front and then the first of the next month you're gonna pay that probation. You'll also be responsible for paying your lease closing fee of one hundred dollars on the day of move in, as well as any other fees like pet fees.
If you have any questions about the application process or the process after you've been approved and put down your deposit, feel free to reach out to me or give me a call and we can go over those questions.